Additional Recycling Resources
APPLIANCES and ELECTRONICS
Below, are some suggestions on how to dispose of these items:
- Waste Management - This company collects white goods (appliances). Please, call ahead for fee information and for scheduling pick-up. Their phone number is (800) 972-4545.
- The Dumpster Divers - picks up TVs computers, and appliances. You can also use drop off center open on 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month at 3 A Industrial Drive, Shrewsbury. Please call ahead 508-925-5245 for fee information or visit The Dumpster Divers website.
- Green Team Junk Removal - Mattresses, Boxsprings and other bulky items. Call 508-361-0519 to schedule or for more information.
- Best Buy - This company will accept computer monitors, wiring for computers, keyboards, palm pilots, radios, boom boxes, and TVs (TVs have to be 32 inches or under). Please contact them directly for fee information at 508-486-9430
- Staples - This company will take back Free of Charge: desktop computers, laptops, tablets, eReaders, monitors, desktop printers, copiers, scanners, faxes, all-in-ones, shredders, UPS/battery back-up devices, peripherals including mice, keyboards, modems, routers, and PC speakers, small electronics including GPS devices, digital cameras, MP3 players, mobile phones, and cordless phones, external hard drives and small servers. Bring in your old office technology products to your local Staples and they will responsibly and securely recycle them at no cost to you - any brand, any condition, even if you purchased it somewhere else. Staples can be contacted at 508-842-1507.
- Justin Nietsche - Will take any item containing Freon: Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, and freezers. TVs, Computer monitors, and CRTs. Please call for more information and pricing 774-272-0148.
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK? Offers a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page on how to dispose of electronic waste. The resource outlines how to recycle electronics, the importance of properly disposing of electronic waste, and other need-to-know information before discarding electronics. Please visit 1-800-GOT-JUNK? for more information:
Large Cardboard Boxes (i.e. moving boxes)
Please flatten and place in the dumpster marked "Corrugated Cardboard Only". This dumpster is for Shrewsbury residents only. Not for commercial business use.
Municipal Garage, 211 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Hours of operation: Monday thru Friday from 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- All Recycle cardboard boxes/items must be 2'x2' or under for curb-side pick-up. Cardboard boxes must be flattened, consolidated, secured and bundled for curbside pick-up.
Plastic bags don’t belong in your regular recycling. To recycle your plastic film, first make sure that it is clean (e.g., no food residue) and dry. Then, take it to your nearest drop-off location to be collected for recycling. Plastic film – also known as plastic film packaging – is soft, flexible polyethylene (PE) packaging such as grocery, bread, zip-top and dry cleaning bags. It’s also the wrap around many products including paper plates, napkins, bathroom tissue, diapers, and more.
You can check here the local drop off directory for plastic bags, film and wraps.
Target Westborough – Near Customer Service counter on the back wall.
Price Chopper – Bin located in the bottle room unless there isn't room in which case the bin may be in the front of the store by the entry. If you don't see it, please ask an employee or customer service person.
Metal items such as wheelbarrows, gas grills, bicycles, lawnmowers, automobile parts, exercise equipment and appliances all have value in the recycling market. The following places accept scrap metal:
- Superior Waste and Recycling will pick up metal at residences. They can be reached at 508-797-4848.
- The Dumpster Divers will pick up metal items at residences. They can be reached at 508-925-5245.
- Justin Nietsche will pick up metal items at residences for a fee. Please contact him directly for pricing at 774-272-0148.