The Town of Shrewsbury has established the Façade Improvement Program to provide technical and financial assistance to property owners or business tenants seeking to renovate their commercial building façades and enhance other exterior features within Town Center.
Applicants are encouraged to read through the Program Guidelines and contact the Department prior to applying to review their project goals and confirm eligibility (508-841-8512 or email@example.com)
- Improve the physical appearance of businesses, enhance Shrewsbury’s Town Center,
- Help implement the purposes, standards, and guidelines of the Town Center District zoning district.
The Program will provide grant funding of well-designed improvements to the important features of town center businesses, creating a more attractive and cohesive presentation for the public.
Eligible Projects: (please see eligibility document for the full list)
- Restoration or addition of architectural details
- Painting and siding
- Improved windows and doors, awnings and canopies
- Permanent landscaping features, and/or well-proportioned signage and lighting.
Grant amounts may range based on scope of work and available funds.
Grant Applications will be open until April 21st (end of day) THIS GRANT CYCLE IS NOW CLOSED - thank you to everyone who applied, the Planning Department will be in touch with next steps.