Join us on February 8, 2023 at 7:00 PM at the Shrewsbury Senior Center! The Town is hosting a Forum for those interested in running for Town Meeting Member in Shrewsbury! Click Here for more information!
From the Desk of the Select Board is a Monthly Newsletter that covers highlights from the Select Board meetings including recordings, documents, and summaries. Check out the December 2022 Edition Today! Click Here to Read the December 2022 Edition
About the Office of the Town Manager
The Town Manager acts as the Town's Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officer responsible for the overall operation of the community under the provisions of Chapter 559 of the Acts of 1953, which is better known as the Selectmen-Town Manager Act.
All Municipal Departments report to the Town Manager. Since 1953 there have been 4 Town Managers that have served this community:
- Kevin J. Mizikar (2017-Present)
- Daniel J. Morgado (1997-2017)
- Richard D. Carney (1957-1997)
- Allen L. Wilcox (1953-1957)
The Town Manager is directly responsible to the 5-person Board of Selectmen who oversee the work of the Manager. Annually, the Town Manager files with the citizens their Annual Report.
Citizens are encouraged to address questions, suggestions or comments directly to the Office of the Town Manager. The Office of the Town Manager employs:
- Administrative Assistant
- Principal Department Assistant
- Assistant to the Town Manager - Business Systems Analyst
- Assistant to the Town Manager - Management Analyst
- Assistant Town Manager - Finance & Administration
- Assistant Town Manager - Community Development & Human Services
- Town Manager