Central MA Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP) personnel will be in Shrewsbury to respond to resident's concerns about mosquitoes on the following dates in August*.
August 21, 2018
August 28, 2018
*Any dates posted are tentative and are subject to change due to weather conditions, mosquito populations, mosquito virus activity and/or special event spraying. A detailed noted about CMMCP's spray schedule can be found on their website at: Central MA Mosquito Control Project Website
WEST NILE VIRUS (WNV) FOUND IN MOSQUITOES IN SHREWSBURY - Date of Record 08-15-18
The Town of Shrewsbury has coordinated with the Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control (CMMCP) Project to spray a designated area of concern on Tuesday, August 21st after sunset, up until midnight.
The below streets will be sprayed the evening of August 21, 2018:
- Arrowwood Drive
- Baldwin Circle
- Bittersweet Circle
- Carrie Circle
- Cottonwood Drive
- Crimson Drive
- Dickinson Circle
- Elderberry Circle
- Elliot Circle
- Faulkner Road
- Grove Street
- Hawthorne Road
- Hickory Drive
- Hobblebush Road
- Meadowsweet Road
- Sycamore Road
West Nile Virus (WNV)
West Nile Virus has been detected in mosquitoes in several surrounding communities as reported by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
The Spray Event - August 21, 2018 Advisory, street listing, and map is posted under "Related Documents" at the bottom of this page.
Please practice the 5 D's of mosquito protection!
Notice of Amendment to 333 CMR 13.03, Requests for Exclusion from Wide-Area Pesticide Applications
As of January 13, 2017, the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources ("Department") has implemented changes to the regulation promulgated at 333 CMR: 13.00, et. seq., specifically at 333 CMR13.03 ("Regulation"). The Regulation establishes a procedure for private property owners to exclude their property from wide-area pesticide applications. The following changes have been made to the process by which requests for exclusions must be made:
- Exclusion request my no longer be made to a city or town clerk and must be made to the Department;
- There is no longer a deadline by which exclusions requests can be made, they can be made at any point in time during the year;
- Exclusion requests shall become effective fourteen (14) days from the receipt of the request;
- All excusion requests, regardless of the date made, will expire on December 31st of the year in which it was made;
- Requests can be made electronically or via hard copy, all information related to exclusion requests and the Regulation can be found on the Department's website at: Electronic Exclusion Request.
- Hard copy Exclusion Requests should be directed to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources251 Causeway Street, Suite 500Boston, MA 02114Attn: Juan Carlos GutierrezTelephone: 617-626-1723