Recreational Camps for Children
On March 23, 2018, important amendments were finalized to 105 CMR 430.000: Minimum Standards for Recreational Camps for Children (State Sanitary Code, Chapter IV) which will go into effect this summer.
The MA Department of Public Health amended Recreational Camp regulations and ALL revised guidance documents/forms are now accessible online via the Mass.gov website
In accordance with MGL c. 111, s. 219 (effective October 28, 2004) and 105 CMR 221.000: Promoting Awareness of Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine, the April 2008 DPH fact sheet "Meningococcal Disease and Camp Attendees: Commonly Asked Questions" is required to be distributed to all parents or guardians of children in youth camps.
Local boards of health are required to notify DPH annually of licensed recreational camps for children pursuant to 105 CMR 430.632.
- Application to Operate a Recreational Camp (PDF)
- Shrewsbury Board of Health Fee Schedule (PDF)
- 105 CMR 430.000 - Important Code Changes for Recreational Camps for Children (PDF)
- 105 CMR 430.000 - Minimum Standards for Recreational Camps for Children (PDF)
- Regulations - Local (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions Parents and Guardians Recreational Camp Brochure (PDF)
- Massachusetts Recreational Camp Reporting Application (PDF)
- Healthcare Consultant Agreement (PDF)
- Massachusetts Recreational Camps for Children Injury Report Form (PDF)
- Recreational Camp for Children Public Health Inspection Form (PDF)
- Required Immunizations - Recreational Camps for Children Memo (PDF)
- Parent/Guardian Authorization Form to Dispense Medication at Recreational Camps (PDF)
- Sample Health Care Consultant Acknowledgement of On-site Medications Form (PDF)
- Sample - Medication Log for Recreational Camps for Children (PDF)
- Meningococcal Disease and Attendees for Recreational Camps Fact Sheet (PDF)