Open Space & Recreation Plan Committee
About the Committee
The most recent Shrewsbury Open Space and Recreation Plan (OSRP), prepared in 2012 has expired. The Town is eligible for certain open space and recreation grant programs if they have a valid OSRP. An OSRP also allows a municipality to maintain and enhance all the benefits of open space that together make up much of the character of the community and protect the "green infrastructure" of the community. Planning this "green infrastructure" of water supply, land, working farms and forests, viable wildlife habitats, parks, recreation areas, trails, and greenways is as important to the economic future of a community as planning for schools, roads, water, and wastewater infrastructure.
The Board of Selectmen appointed the At-Large Open Space and Recreation Plan Committee Members on July 12, 2011. The Planning Board, Conservation Commission, and Parks and Cemetery Commission appointed 1 member from their respective groups to serve on the Open Space and Recreation Plan Commission in June of 2011.
The Open Space and Recreation Plan Committee will be hosting a virtual public forum Monday, August 31st 6:00-7:30 PM. Come share your vision for the open space in Shrewsbury! Please use the link above or contact the Planning Department to be added to the guest list.
- Prashanth Ram, At Large Member
- Paul Gannon, Jr., At Large Member
- Tom Siwek, At Large Member
- Martha Gach, Conservation Commission Representative
- Peter Collins, Lake Quinsigamond Commission Representative
- James Brown, Parks and Cemetery Commission Representative
- Joseph Thomas, Planning Board Representative
- Susan Colwell, Trails Committee Representative
- Kristen Las, Assistant Town Manager/Economic Development Coordinator
Shrewsbury Trail Maps
Review a townwide view of some of the walking trails in Shrewsbury, compiled by the Shrewsbury Trails Committee and Engineering Department.