Rubbish Disposal & Pay As You Throw (PAYT)
This event is hosted by WE CAN and the communities of Grafton, Northboro, Shrewsbury & Westboro. Held on the grounds of Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, 201 Westboro Road, N. Grafton on 06/22 from 10AM to 1PM. All are Welcome! Read on...
Waste Management and the Town of Shrewsbury are proud to announce a new co-collection Rubbish & Recycling Program beginning July 1, 2019. Read on...
Leaves & Grass can be dropped off at the Municipal Garage, 211 South Street, Shrewsbury between 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. on these designated Saturdays: July 13, August 10, and September 14. NO Brush allowed. Read on...
The Town of Shrewsbury adopted the Pay As You Throw (PAYT) Program several years ago and currently has a contract with Pellegrino Trucking, Inc.
The more you recycle, the less rubbish bags you will have to purchase/utilize.
Rubbish is collected on a weekly basis (PDF).
- Rubbish must be placed in the PAYT bags. They are light blue with a white Town of Shrewsbury seal. For more information on stores that sell PAYT bags (PDF) please view our printable document.
- Rubbish must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the day of your scheduled collection day to ensure pick-up service. There is no dump in the Town of Shrewsbury.
- Please do not place Rubbish at the curb any sooner than the night before your scheduled collection day. It is recommended that the PAYT bags be placed in a lidded trash barrel. This helps to deter rodents, insects, and birds from getting into your rubbish. Residents may purchase a rubbish barrel at any local hardware store.
- Rubbish bags cannot weigh more than 20 pounds when full.
- Rubbish bags must be closed and tied off.
- Rubbish Bags cannot have any item sticking out.
- Rubbish Bags must be free of ice and snow and clearly visible to the collection crew. Anything frozen into the ground will not be collected.
Residents should ensure that rubbish barrels, recycle bins, and PAYT bags are:
- Free from ice and snow and clearly visible to the collection crew.
- Not in the way of the snow removal equipment.
- For storm updates, please check cable TV channels 15 and 26 and the town's website for updates.