The Shrewsbury Public Library will be closed for all services on Monday, April 19, 2021 in observance of the Patriots' Day Holiday. On-line and electronic resources will continue to be available.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.; 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sundays: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Patrons can place holds on books, audiobooks, CDs, video games, or DVDs through the C/W MARS system. Items that belong to Shrewsbury or other libraries can be selected. Up to 10 holds can be placed on one library card.
We offer no-contact holds pickup. The west entrance is open and the holds are on tables in the hallway. Holds are arranged in alphabetical order by patrons’ last names, and can be checked out using the self-checkout machines. Patrons will follow directional signs to exit the building through the main north entrance.
- After you receive an email notification that your Hold is ready for pickup, please wait 48 hours (2 days) before coming in to pick up your hold item(s).
- Patrons must bring the library card which was used to place the hold.
- Library staff will not be able to assist patrons in-person, but will be available to help via phone at: (508) 841-8609, ext.2, or ext.3
- Please also note that patrons are required to wear a mask and maintain a 6-foot distance from others while in the library
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sundays: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
There is a black bin outside the main entrance, near the automated drop-off chute, labeled “Returns” where materials can be dropped off when the automated drop-off system is not running.
The automated drop-off will be running at the following times:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All returned items must be quarantined and will not be checked-in for 48 hours.
Additional Library Services
Virtual Programs and Remote Reference Assistance
We continue to plan and offer virtual programs for children and adults to enjoy. You can see the whole list on our on-line calendar.
Children’s Story times are on Facebook Live! Please check out the library’s Youtube channel and enjoy the creative offerings of our talented staff!
Please sign-up for our e-Newsletter to receive up-to-date information. There are mailing lists for general Library information, Children's services, and Young Adult services.
For reliable, up-to-date information about COVID-19, the Shrewsbury Public Library is providing the following page of online resources.
Catalog & Account
Find items, renew or place holds on items with the online catalog.
Book a Room
Access research materials, such as online articles, journals and other reference sources.
Events & Passes
View events and related information, including a calendar of all events, museum passes and room booking information.
Access e-content, including e-books, MP3s and more. Download 24/7 from any device.
Library News & Updates
Sunday Sponsorship Update 6-15-2020
Providing Five Sundays:
- Dr. B. Dale and Mrs. Melanie Magee
- Daniels Insurance Agency
- Olivia, Peg, and Don Harbert
- Olive I. and Anthony A. Borgatti Jr. Donor-Advised Fund of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- St. Mary's School
- Maureen Fujimori in honor of Eileen Mooney Evans
- Harold (Bill) and Jean Stuart
- Pam Osborn in memory of Harry Der Harootunian
- In memory of James Heedles
- In loving memory of Buckie Somers
- Selectman Beth Casavant
- The Del Dotto grandchildren: Drea, Dylan, and Devin
- The Shrewsbury Education Foundation
- The Rotary Club of Shrewsbury
- Central One Federal Credit Union
- The Bachini family
- The Matthews family
- Dean Park Grill & Pizza
- Jeffrey & Priscilla Billingham
- David & Kathleen Rocheleau
- Pat Silvestri in Memory of Elizabeth Woodring
- In memory of Dr. John P. Collins from the Collins family
- In memory of Dr. John P. Collins from John P. Collins & Nancy Hughes
- One anonymous donor