Come into the library to use our free wireless with your laptop, smartphone or tablet. We also have netbooks to check out for use in the library.
Please view our for more information.
The Shrewsbury Public Library offers many different computer courses throughout the year. The class list and schedule for each season will be published in the season's newsletter and may also be viewed on the Library's calendar. If there is a particular topic you would like to see offered you may e-mail Electronic Resources Librarian Michael Zeller or call him at 508-841-8609, extension 4076.
We also offer general computer assistance via appointment.
- The library has computer stations equipped with:
- Internet connections
- Microsoft Office
- Various media players
- View our Internet Access and Safety Policy (PDF).
- You may print from library owned computers at a cost of $0.15 per black and white page or $.30 per color page. Wireless printing is also available but only in black and white.
- You may use USB flash drives. These, along with headphones, are available for purchase at the circulation or reference desks. headphones are $2 and flash drives are $8.
- All public PCs are equipped with privacy software that purges all session data upon the conclusion of each session. Please make sure you are capable of saving any documents you create remotely or on external media before beginning your session.
The library has several photocopiers available for public use. The cost is $0.15 per page for black and white documents or $.30 per page for color.
The library has vision assisting software and hardware available for those who require it. Please ask at the reference desk for more information.
The library subscribes to diverse online reference databases for your research and homework needs! View our reference and research page for more information.
Online Research (Reference Databases)
The library offers free, self-service document scanning to patrons. Scanning requires use of a compatible USB drive and the volume of documents patrons may scan at any one time may be limited during peak times of printer/scanner usage.
E-Books & E-Audio
For links to our e-content, including e-books, MP3s and e-audio, visit our e-content page. For help with downloads or devices stop by the library or call the reference desk at 508-841-8609, extension 2.
Shrewsbury residents or property owners with cards in good standing may borrow WiFi Hotspots from the Library for up to three weeks. Hotspots are Sprint brand and allow patrons to connect their mobile devices to the internet anywhere covered by the Sprint network. For more information about usage see the policy here.