About the Public Buildings Division
The Public Building Division maintains a combined 971,556 square feet of facilities. The Shrewsbury Public School System accounts for approximately 860,133 feet of that space, with the Town buildings accounting for the remaining 111,423 feet. The oldest building the Town maintains is the Ray Stone Legion building at 238 Main St, erected in 1858. The newest building under the stewardship of the Public Buildings Division is the new Shrewsbury Public Library.