Outreach and Resources

Many senior residents are given referrals for help and service. Determining what service is necessary and from whom to receive this help can be overwhelming. 

Outreach Coordinator Assistance

Our Outreach Coordinator provides free  office and in-home visits when needed to help sort what options are available (that you may not have even considered) such as:

  • Food stamps
  • Fuel assistance
  • Transportation

Additionally, the Outreach Coordinator is able to assist seniors in identifying and accessing services, including: 

Additional Information

Literature about Elder Services of Worcester Area (ESWA) and the various local Home Health Agencies is available at the Senior Center if you would like more information on those options.

If you are caring for a loved one, or know someone who is, we have a separate "Respite" packet available as well. The material is the same, but the information goes into more depth with caregiving issues and services. 


Be sure to check out all your options:

  • If you or your spouse is a Veteran, you may be eligible for additional services or payment of services through the Veterans Association.
  • If you suffer from a particular illness, an organization (Massachusetts Association of the Blind, MS Society, Easter Seals) may provide additional help.
Homemaker (HM)A homemaker can do basic cleaning, run errands, and help with household tasks
Home Health Aid (HHA), Personal Care Attendant (PCA)A home health aid or personal care attendant can assist with bathing and other personal hygiene tasks as well as any homemaker tasks.
Chore WorkerA chore worker can do heavy cleaning or special household projects.
Respite WorkerA respite worker can provide supervision and companionship for people who shouldn't be left alone for long periods of time due to dementia or illness.
Social Worker (SW), Registered Nurse (RN), Case Manager (CM)One or more of these individuals will probably coordinate any services you receive and will oversee any workers that come into your home.
Occupational Therapist (OT), Physical Therapist (PT), Speech Therapist (ST), Respiratory Therapist (RT)Such therapists are usually initiated by the order of a doctor if they are needed.