Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Water Use Restrictions
Whereas The Board of Selectmen has determined that a shortage of water exists and conservation measures are necessary to ensure an adequate supply of water to all water consumers, and
Whereas The conditions set forth in the Water Management Act Permit #9P4-2-12-271.01 require seasonal limits on nonessential outdoor water use, and
Whereas The Board of Selectmen is empowered under Article 18 of the General By-Laws of the Town of Shrewsbury to take action to ensure an adequate supply of water to all water consumers, therefore be it resolved:
1. Pursuant to Article 18, Section 4 of the General By-Laws of the Town of Shrewsbury the following water conservation measures are hereby implemented:
Outdoor Watering Hours
Nonessential outdoor watering hours are restricted to before 9:00 AM and after 5:00 PM.
Outdoor Use of Water Restrictions
Based upon the street address number nonessential outdoor water use is allowed:
There is no nonessential outdoor use of water on Monday, Tuesday and Friday
Nonessential outdoor water uses that are subject to mandatory restrictions include:
The following uses may be allowed when these mandatory restrictions are in place before 9:00 AM and after 5:00 PM:
2. The Board of Selectmen calls upon all water users to conserve water whenever possible and to observe the above listed water restriction.
3. The Board of Selectmen determines that for the period of time that this State of a Water Supply Conservation is in effect that enforcement of the provisions of Article 18 of the General By-Laws of the Town of Shrewsbury shall be pursuant to General Laws Chapter 40, Section 21D which provides for non-criminal disposition.
4. These restrictions are effective May 1, 2020, and will end on September 30, 2020.
5. Under Article 18 General By-Laws, Town of Shrewsbury, Section 4, Water Use Restrictions, the following fine structure is in place for violations for the water use restrictions.
1) First Offense in Calendar Year - Warning
2) Second Offense in Calendar Year - $50.00
3) Third Offense in Calendar Year - $100.00
4) Fourth and subsequent offenses in Calendar Year - $200.00
and turn off of water service
Reconnection Fee - $50.00
6. Many items can be found to minimize outdoor water usage and maximize water efficiency around your home at the following EPA website. www.epa.gov/watersense
Click here for Water Use Restrictions 2020